Friday, December 22, 2006

Of Mazes And Strings...

Walking down the known curved paths I see

The grey and white stones shining on ground

One porous black bench under the tree

A dog lazing around lying in blissful ignorance

In the backdrop of earthen beauty dressed in red

I see you standing there holding your file

Lost in thoughts you seem tired and sleepy

The cigarette burning away, smoke escaping

A smile breaks on my face, eyes lighting up

I see my friend teasing me for my reaction

Shushing her, I see you smiling back at me

An ordinary face, I observe…but a nice smile

I watch a couple go by talking and laughing

I come to you with a bundle neatly wrapped

‘Work again!!’ You gasp; ‘and there’s more!’ I say

Taking the bundle from me you make a face

While we walk, you say I look good in black

Blushing, I realize I had been grinning like a fool

I say the checked shirt is looking good too

But doesn’t go with the multi colored sweater!

While looking at you I wonder where this is taking us

Both messed up in our lives, both fighting a battle

I wonder if its time we do away with what was

and if the obvious is necessary and right

Each looking for a hand but each shying away

Each trying to look indifferent and serene

While a hundred thoughts run wildly in the head

Weaving a maze of questions, with answers right inside

No comments: